Saturday, October 30, 2021

A Famous Kind of Love by Loran Adelle Davis

 



London



From the outside, my life looks perfect – great son, amazing job, and a smile permanently plastered to my face, but they don’t know what goes on deep inside. Am I a tortured soul? Not even close, but I’m far from perfect. I haven’t had my shit together ever, especially not when it comes to men. 

 

That’s why when the hottest bachelor in the nation walks into my hotel, I know I have to ignore the instant attraction between us for two reasons – 1. I don’t date guests. 2. He’s so far out of my league. 

 

Too bad, my body and my heart don’t agree with my mind. I know this is a disaster waiting to happen, but how can I say no to the literal man of my dreams?

 

Jamie

 

I’m messed up. That’s all there is to it. 

 

My life was perfect until that night when I destroyed a family’s life. Now, I don’t even recognize the face I see in the mirror. I’m just a shell of the man I once was, but then she walks into my life. 

 

Her bright smile does something to me I can’t explain. I can’t stay away no matter how hard I try, but I have to, I made a pact with myself that I can’t break. 

 

Then, I see her face again, and I don’t give a shit. I need her like I need every breath I take. 

 

 

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GPM959L?notRedirectToSDP=1&ref_=dbs_mng_calw_1&storeType=ebooks

My website www.ladavisbooks.com also has the links to Amazon attached on the home page :)

 

 

 

Excerpt 1: "Maybe we needed someone to help us carry the load.

Those words reverberate in my mind for the weeks to come. Even now, in the middle of October, those words find me second guessing everything I’ve ever thought about this life.

I didn’t know what to say to him after he said that. The feminist in me wanted to be angry, but the tired single mother understood.

I’ve always looked at a lover as just that - there to satisfy my needs. Did I want a husband? Yes, of course. Did I want to fall in love? Absolutely, but not because I wanted a partner to help me through life. I just wanted someone to spend time with, but maybe Jamie’s right.

Maybe your partner isn’t there to simply be your friend and do things with you, but to help you carry the load of your burdens as well as theirs. I mean it is easier to carry a heavy piece of furniture with two people rather than on your own. Maybe that’s the same thing for life, too." 

 

Excerpt 2: "My hands move to her dress, pulling on the bottom and slowly rolling it up her body.  I toss it to the side and take her in. “Fuck, you’re gorgeous. Every inch of you is delicious,” I growl, slipping my hands around her back and popping her bra off.

She reaches for my shirt, and I push her hands away. “No, let me take you in for a moment.” I need to study her, to memorize every curve of her body.

I lean over top of her, forcing her to fall back against the couch. I start between her legs, trailing kisses up her stomach and making her squirm.

My lips find her breast, and I tug her nipple into my mouth, sucking on it hard and loving the little gasp she makes when I do.

My lips move further up, landing on her neck just below her chin. “I’m about to give you the best fucking orgasm of your life,” I whisper into her ear.

“Promises, promises,” she breathes, just before I capture her lips in mine once again."


 

All About Loran Adelle Davis

A person posing in front of a painting

Description automatically generated with medium confidence

A resident of South Carolina, Loran Adelle Davis leads a small town life with very big dreams. She has a bachelor's degree in English and a Master's in Early Childhood Education. Her dream is to build her writing career and her business LA Davis Books LLC into something big. She hopes to inspire all her readers with sassy, strong female leads, relatable characters, romance, and intriguing story lines. She is currently working on her upcoming series, Love in Sunrise, and she can't wait to share it with all of you!

Website:  http://www.ladavisbooksllc.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LoranDavis

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/loranadelledavis/

 


No comments:

Post a Comment